Monday, September 8, 2008

The Lizards...


Well - I have been trying REALLY hard to get used to the fact that we get lizards in our house. Any of the locals will tell you that it is impossible to keep them out. My maid was shocked to hear that they didn't come indoors in the States.
I actually try not to chase them down anymore, the minute I get near one, it runs for cover. The lizard is scared of me - as it should be. I still can't get used to them sneaking around the house.
Just the other morning I walked into the kitchen and turned on the light. One came shooting out from the behind the dishes that were drying next to the sink - and toppled half of them over. At 6:00 am - scared the holy ghost out of me - talk about heart-attack city. And Lord only knows where they run off to - they are probably upside down in my kitchen cabinets.
They are ugly - their skin is slightly translucent - they leave their poop all over the place. I've heard that their poop is toxic - so I really want them in my kitchen.
My maid said this morning that they were good to have in the house - they eat mosquitoes and other tiny bugs. She also said that they were "lucky".


Why couldn't it have been lady bugs...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey..ladybugs may be cute and sweet to look at but one day while I was being all granola-ish, I let one crawl on my arm up and down, up and down...awwwww how cute, then...CRUNCH!!! It it the bujeezzuz out of me. Splat the little ladybug went. ;)

Heather

K said...

I don't think I could ever get used to lizards in the house, of course, I never thought I could stand to see a wood roach either...