Monday, May 11, 2009

So much for hopping the pond...

Well, as many of you already know - we have been called back to the US. So 10 very short months later, we are in the midst of moving madness... AGAIN...
It's a wonderful opportunity for B - I couldn't be prouder. He has worked tirelessly. His loyalty and commitment to this company is evident - and he is being graciously rewarded.

We are going to miss this place. I am going to miss the beauty, the cleanliness, the people we have met and haven't nearly gotten enough time to know. I am going to miss the quality of education the kids are getting here, how V struggled so much at first and has flourished over the last 2 months - right before our eyes. I am going to miss the traveling - how convenient it is to get to other countries from here. I am going to miss Little India and Chinatown - where I could spend everyday if I had the time.

I have no worries about our move - we are going back to the same area, same town. The kids will be fine wherever we land - they had this amazing experience for a year and I hope they won't ever forget it.

What I do worry about is that we will come back and feel as if we "fit" or "belong" here better. I can't describe the feeling of being culturally connected to our heritage. It's all around us, you can't escape it - it's "home". From the food to the spices to the BAD B.O. ;-)to the haggling over prices... it's familiar, comfortable.

I will take Singapore back to the US with me - and I hope to give a little bit of it to all of my friends and family that I have missed SO much.

No comments: