Monday, April 11, 2011

My Heart

I want to tell you about someone that I admire... My oldest child.

From the minute this child was born, he was a fighter. Born at only 4lbs 3oz., he fought his way through prematurity like a champ. He was a smart baby and toddler. Learning his alphabet before he was 2 and learning to read at the age of 4. I can't say that I take any credit... He is just smart like that. Observant to say the least. He remembers the most minute details. Even as a small child, he was and still is a perfectionist about certain things.

As he has gotten older and as more of his personality is revealed, I have discovered this caring, knowledge hungry child that couldn't hurt a fly. Ask anyone - they immediately love him once they meet him. He is kind and helpful. He loves current events. He loves to read - a trait that I am immensely proud of. He does not give up - he has the strongest sense of loyalty and commitment. He will never let you down. He is always ready for a hug or a snuggle, but only if asked. He is creative - and very good with his hands. He likes to take things apart to see "how they work". He loves technology and is really great at grasping the latest and greatest technological advances. He is a best friend.

He is my heart.




2 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

V is by far one of the smartest kids I taught, but I always loved and admired that you guys really wanted him to be a 5 year old as well! He always was a well rounded little guy, and I can see that he's becoming an amazing young man! I can't wait to see what the future holds for him!!!

Anonymous said...

One of the sweetest memories I have of this sweet boy is teaching him how to break a board in taekwando. He was so determined to do and over and over over again he kicked that board and it hurt and he kicked it again and it didn't break. But he kept listening, we kept trying different ways and methods, and finally one swift kick, one loud yell, and that board broke. The delight on his face, and how my heart swelled with pride that day - still brings tears to my eyes almost 5 years later.
I have so many memories of this dear one...So thankful that you allowed him to be part of my life.