Thursday, June 19, 2008

Aaaahhhh...

I went to the gym today!!! For those of you that know me, I was thrilled to be able to get to the gym today and work out. I got in about 45 minutes of cardio and I took Body Pump for the first time in three weeks. It was great to hear the tunes that I love and be in a high energy situation. The instructor (I'll leave out his name) was a local Singaporean. He made the corniest jokes and from being in there just 5 minutes, I could tell that most of the women in the class don't laugh with him, they laugh AT him. After the warm-up, I was thrilled, because here was an instructor that knew his choreography and knew how to keep the beat. At least, so I thought...

He started with the warmup - perfect. One of my favorite warm-up songs. "Come to Me". I was singing along - tapping my feet, just so happy to be back.
Next was squats - a song I have NEVER heard before. It had something to do about being ready for a race...
Next, chest. "Uno Dos Tres Maria" Another good one. By about this point, I realized that after each track when everyone moans, he copies us and then giggles like a girl.
Back and Hamstrings - "Africa" Now, I know this one by heart. He put in about 500 extra triple rows after the jumble jumble part that all of us pretend to know how to sing. No break where there should have been, so after the 500 triple rows, 6 clean and presses.
Triceps - another one of my favorites "Ain't it funny". It was a booger.
Biceps - "Stand Tough" - by this time I realized that I couldn't do my normal weight, so I went down a baby. The instructor giggled like a girl and told us we were all old ladies. WHAT???
Lunges - didn't recognize this one... but it was pretty old, had calf raises and squats in it.
Shoulders - "One night in bangkok" A good one - but he added 500 pulses - in a row. AND he told me I had to stack my plates instead of holding them separately.
Abs - never heard the song before - something having to do with holding a pretend ball in your arms and then extending your legs then putting one arm behind your ear and lifting the other one to your ankle while your feet are extended in mid air.
Yeah - that's what I thought too.

He sings out loud also - picture a buff, fairly good looking Asian man singing 2 octaves too high for a man and totally off key. And I kept thinking how much I was REALLY going to miss R and J at the gym.

BUT, I loved every minute of it!!!!

No comments: