Thursday, June 19, 2008

Meeting People

At the gym after class, I met 2 women. The first one was a sweetheart. Young, blond from Austin. In fact, has a lot of knowledge of The Woodlands, because she grew up just north of there. Really nice, moving back to the States in December.

The second lady - typical socialite. The type that probably hangs out at the American Club, goes shopping and doesn't do much else. She was asking me if I had found doctors, grocery stores, hairdressers. She told me that I needed to be careful where I went to get my hair done because not many people know how to cut "American" hair.

I guess it's a good thing I'm Asian!

1 comment:

Tigpan said...

oh my word! I laughed and laughed. I love comments like this. These are the people who forget that they live in a foreign country and then when they look around they say silly things like "There are asians EVERYWHERE!" (I kid you not I have heard it said by an expat in Hong Kong and she was not being funny at the time.)
Loving your posts.
Miss you!