Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First day of school

Today was the first day of school for the kids - a VERY hard day for Mommy. I walked them to the bus platform outside of our apartment building for a 7:27 am pick up time. They were the very first stop and I put them on the bus and watched it drive off. I left feeling very unsettled, hoping that they would be able to find where they needed to go. S to the playground, V to the middle school office. Worried cannot even describe how I was feeling.

B had been asking me a few days before if I wanted the car that day to take them, but I know my children. They are smart, independent, amazing little creatures and I knew deep down they would be fine. I just had to keep telling MYSELF that.

I was paralyzed for about an hour before I actually decided to get up and go down to the workout room. After a very quick 45 minute workout, I decided to quit - my heart was just not in it. I showered, dressed and went out for the day. Walked around the city, finished a few errands, and came home. It was a very long 2 hours before the kids got back.

They were FULL of chatter when they got off the bus with stories of friends they had made, their teachers and all the other things they had experienced that day. They were so proud of the new school that they get to attend. S has already become a hit a recess and V was so excited about all the people he met, the technology at the school - and the fact that they all get their very own Mac for school use.

I am just so proud of them - I know their experience here will be amazing and will help them to become well rounded, culturally sensitive, experienced young men.

No comments: