Thursday, January 20, 2011

A good day :-)

It was a good day today. First off, we got to see the sun! It was a crisp 39 degrees, but the sun was shining. After lunch, the kids and I ventured out into the city to take pictures and get some supplies. We seem to go to the grocery store everyday, mainly because I end up realizing that I don't have something (salt, pepper, garlic, oil...). Things that we are used to having in the house all the time. I was lucky enough to come across Chinatown and found some lentils and long beans to make for dinner... without my Indian spices mind you, but Indian nonetheless.

We found a few school supplies, we were able to get our U.S. line up and running, we trekked over to the train station and inquired about how to ride the train/tram/bus system, found a dry cleaners, stopped in hair salons to inquire about prices for haircuts, etc... A productive day overall. We miss B though - we have had him at home for a week. He went to work today for the first time since we came and it's definitely quiet around here.

It doesn't get light until about 8:00 to 8:30 and it starts to get dark around 5:00. The days are short. The kids are wonderful - no issues there. I am nervous for them to start school on Monday. I am just going to rip off the bandage and let them ride the bus Monday morning. Just kill me now.

Here are a few pics from our outing today :-)

Yummy sandwiches


The Asian grocery store I found:

Brrrrrr...

Our apartment building:


The local shopping mall:


1 comment:

Paul and Candice said...

I'm loving to see your adventures! Can't wait to hear how school will go for the boys! It makes my heart so happy that we've kept in touch:) Have fun!!!!