Sunday, January 30, 2011

My baby turns 10!

We are sitting here, relaxing after having a very early morning celebration since Daddy had to leave for the States this morning. S is a little under the weather and with the actual weather being foggy and cold today, we are still trying to decide whether it's worth bundling up and going out.

A LeBron jersey and some legos later, I am watching this beautiful boy play with his big brother... I have said this many times, but every year is so bittersweet for me when we celebrate S's birthday. It brings me back to 10 years ago when he was born. I don't mean to dwell on it, but I just can't believe how far we have come.

So, instead of remembering what WAS... I want to tell you what I have learned about this incredible child in the last 10 years.

I have learned that wherever there is a ball, he will find it. I have learned that he is the commander of the playground. He remembers everything you tell him, so if you don't mean it, don't say it. He has a short temper. He needs constant entertainment - and is a source of constant entertainment. He plays it cool, but deep down is a very very caring child. He loves his brother more than anything is this world. He creates a basketball game wherever he is. He worries about everything. He pretends to be sleeping and secretly hides upstairs so he can hear what mommy and daddy talk about after we THINK he has gone to bed. He is street smart, book smart, and everything else smart. He knows how to get what he wants. He is particular about what he wears. He doesn't let any of the health problems he faces day to day get him down, EVER...

I am so proud to be his Mommy!

Happy happy birthday sweet boy!!!

No comments: