Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Being a mom...

I think that as mothers we put on so many different hats everyday that we lose ourselves in the day to day grind. On any given day we are teachers, nurses, homemakers, cooks, secretaries, seamstress, launderers, maids...the list goes on and on. I am guilty of getting caught up in the "bog" of things that need to be done. And with the move, that list grew by 500%. I always try to have a little time with the kids during the day so that they don't think of mom as this ogre that is constantly carping at them to "Hang up your towels" or "Eat your vegetables" or "Flush the toilet" or "Wash your hands". Today we read, played games, did picture searches and lazed around for about 2 1/2 hours. I forget how good it feels to listen, watch, and observe. They are incredible, they are just waiting for me to tell them stories or facts. ME! How was I so lucky that God put these 2 little amazing creatures in my care. That He thought enough of me to take care of a child with special health needs. That He gave me the other, so sweet and innocent.
I wish that I could bottle this feeling and keep it for all those times that I am running around like a crazy woman.

The word "Love" seems so small for what I feel for my family. My husband, my children, our parents, my friends.
An oldie, but a goodie...




No comments: