Saturday, July 12, 2008

Things I've noticed

I've noticed:
The maids are the ones who take children to the park.
Singaporeans are some of the kindest people I have met.
People here hand things to you with 2 hands as a sign of respect.
I have never seen another culture that likes to shop or eat out as much as this one.
People who have cars like to put toys in the rear widow.
It can rain at any given moment - even if it's not forecasted.
Singlish is an actual language (oh la, can can).
A car wash in Singapore looks exactly like a car wash at any US gas station, except instead of there being equipment inside - there are actual people.
People here are night owls.
Singapore is not a democracy - therefore there is a lot of censorship.
Customer Service is almost non-existant.
Music and fashion seem to be a tad ahead of the US.


As I remember more - I'll add them.

1 comment:

Tigpan said...

These are beautiful things to begin to notice and even better that you record them...because after a while they become natural and you don't see them as different and you won't remember. You are so beautiful!
Love you much!