Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The "smell" of home


Our sea shipment arrived today - all pieces in the house and accounted for. The delivery supervisor had me sit in a chair and mark off boxes as they were being brought inside. When the love seat came off the truck - he immediately unwrapped it and put it down for me to sit on instead of a hard chair. I stuck my face in one of the pillows... MMMMMMMM, it smelled like home. I almost got teary eyed. I didn't even particularly miss my house in The Woodlands - I missed the smell. With most of the furniture unwrapped, the smell of "home" is overwhelming. You would have thought we were a Febreze commercial today with the three of our noses sniffing the sofa cushions...

1 comment:

Tigpan said...

Don't laugh, I get that same teary eyed feeling when I smell Indian food. :) Love you!