Monday, May 12, 2008

The best mother's day present

Present#1
What a great day it has been. My husband is out of the country and with today being mother's day and tomorrow being my birthday, I was feeling a little out of sorts since he was not here. Then my sweet sweet boys came down with homemade cards and presents. I was so proud that no one coached them or even had to remind them that today was mother's day.
Present #2
We have always had issues with the 7 year old eating fruits and veggies. Since he was a baby - he never liked fruits and ate only 2 veggies (even baby food). So we have been battling with him for a LONG time over this issue. In usual fashion, I put a few pieces of fruit on his plate for dinner - and Whadyaknow... he ate all of it! After I proceeded to tell him how PROUD I was of him, he looks up at me with the biggest doe eyes and says "Mommy, I just didn't want you to be frustrated with me on mother's day."

What more could you ask for...

1 comment:

MC said...

Awwwwwwww! That's awesome! Both of your boys have irresistible doe eyes ;o) Those truly are terrific presents - as MasterCard would say - priceless.