Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Feeling a little wimpy

The kids had their full foreign travel physicals yesterday. They were little troopers. The little one had a royal meltdown at the sight of any needle - and of course the nurses wanted him to be the first to do all of the tests - so as to get it over with. Not good preparation for the 10 year old. He was already nervous as it was, then his brother proceeds to act a like a loon. I really felt bad for them - we were there from 9:00 to 2:00. Not a great way to spend your day.
Well, today it was my turn - and the kids were really lucky they didn't have to do all that was required of an adult. Stress test, EKG, chest xray, pulmonary test, TB test, typhoid and Hep shots, comprehensive blood work and urine tests. I think one of the shots has given me slight fever. I always feel really bad for the kids when they have any sort of medical procedure to go through - but today I really feel for what they went through yesterday. I at least am old enough to understand the reasoning behind all of this. To a 10 and 7 year old, they just think it's torture.
All in the call of duty for Mother Chevron...

1 comment:

Tigpan said...

LOL, when I had to have same shots at age of 5, I SCREAMED and nurses had to hold me down. There were a series of these shots. So finally my mom said, "I don't care if you cry, but just don't scream....if you don't scream I will buy you the 48 pack of crayons that you want." So, NOT only did not I not scream, I looked at the nurse and laughed. My mom wanted to kill me for all the times I had screamed. But I got the crayons anyway! :)