Thursday, May 22, 2008

Murphy's Law

You know Murphy's Law - the one that says it'll rain after you wash your car?
The last few days have been running fairly smoothly. We have most of our paperwork done, we have divided the house in to Sea shipment, Air shipment and storage, my dad helped us out immediately with a minor crisis and besides just being "busy", things seemed to be falling into place. Until yesterday...
We are planning to sell my car on Friday - and get a rental for the rest of the time we are here. As I was going out the door to run some errands - my car would not start. Mind you, this was the second time in 3 weeks. A sweet neighbor tried to help me jump start it to no avail - he even let me borrow his car to go get a new battery. Who does that??? After finding out that Wal-Mart does not carry a battery for my car, I called GMC roadside assistance. Another sweet man helped me get my car started long enough to drive it up to the dealership. He also gave me his personal cell phone number just in case I got stranded somewhere along the way. I finally get up to the dealer to find out that the other dealer where I normally get service did not fix a recall issue that they should have.

So THANK YOU to my neighbor who tried to help me start my car and let me borrow his, THANK YOU to the sweet man who helped me start my car, THANK YOU to the service department for fixing my car so quickly on last minute notice, THANK YOU to my dh who had to put up with my 500 phone calls, and lastly, THANK YOU to my beautiful friend who watched my children all afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shital,

Wow..sounds like one thing after another came up! One thing I am not surprised about..all the people that were there for you. With a smile like yours and an undeniably great attitude through it all..who could resist! I hope all is going well today..you deserve it!! I sure am going to miss you!

Heather