Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Packing

After 3 days of separating the house into 4 categories: Air, Sea, Storage and What We Can Carry... the packers are here. They are extremely pleasant and professional and from what I can tell - are doing an excellent job. After about 1 hour they are almost done with the study, dining room and family room. Since we are staying here until Thursday - I did ask them to leave the beds made for the time being. But we don't have anything in the family room to sit on ;-)
We also have 2 showings today, let's hope that they can see beyond the chaos what I've seen this whole time... My dream home.
I was anxious to get to this point - the thought of having all of my "stuff" packed and put on a cargo ship has been fairly unsettling. But now that the packers are here, there is a strange sense of calm that I feel - I am ready to get this show on the road and I think Saturday will come sooner than we all think.
And I get lunch today! My favorite dish - thanks C!!!

No comments: